Free In-Home Design Services at a $200 Value!
At Michael Alan Home Furnishings, we know that researching, shopping, and choosing the perfect pieces for your home can be an intimidating process. We want you to know that we're here to help! We've put together a bunch of resources on our site to help you get inspired whether you're just starting to look, or just need some ideas to freshen up your home. And don't forget - we offer an exclusive, FREE in-home design service to get you started!
Experience Michael Alan's standard of design with an in-store visit.
Make an appointment today with our designers!Make an Appointment
Our Complimentary Interior Design Process
Start the conversation with an experienced designer.
We begin this complimentary process by teaming you up with one of our experienced staff designers who will make an initial house call to start the discovery phase of your plans:
- Discuss the scope of design work needed.
- Take before pictures of the space to reference and use for comparison with the finished product.
- Discuss customers' ideas for how the space needs to function and the design aesthetic they want to achieve.
- Take inventory of existing furniture pieces that the customer would like to incorporate into the design.
- Measure all necessary spaces and furniture pieces so we can accurately draw the space.
- Establish a wish list for furniture pieces and a budget with the customer.
- Schedule a follow up meeting at the store for a design presentation and purchasing appointment.
Review your professionally designed layout of your space.
After the initial house call, our designers take all the information and prepare a design layout that includes:
- Complimentary scale drawing of customers' space with a furniture plan that meets the functional needs, desired aesthetic and budget parameters.
- Fabric, rug and textile suggestions that coordinate with existing elements of the space. Customers are encouraged to borrow the fabrics and rug samples to view in your home.
- A working quote that shows pricing for our furniture & mattress suggestions. All applicable sale and/or promotional pricing included. The furnishing quote can be easily updated if the design changes.
- A design board that features a few different options for furniture layout and fabric/color choices.
Decide on your design and purchase
When you are ready, we will schedule a purchasing appointment. We ask for the customer to keep a few hours available to go through the options, make selections and place an order.
White Glove Delivery.
Upon receiving all the pieces of furniture, we schedule our white-glove delivery service to set up the room according to the design plan. Often, our designers attend the delivery and make suggestions for accessories and final touches to complete the space.
Enjoy your purchases.
We will take pictures to have a before and after presentation that customers can share with friends and family. We thank you for your business and we do sincerely appreciate you. Call and give us feedback so that we can continue to improve and provide the best experience possible.
Plan your room online, for free!
Interior designing just got easier with Michael Alan Furniture & Design's online room planning software. This interior design and floor planning software is yours to use for FREE. Our software features design templates for you to start working with, or measure your own room and lay it out to scale.
Just type in your room dimensions, add or remove walls, and start dragging furniture into your room. Also look for a selection of kitchen, gym, home theater, garden, and other house hold items to help your planning. Need additional help? Come in to talk with our Interior Design staff.